New Kitchen Lineup from Sharp Home Appliances Leads Range of Innovations that Deliver Simply Better Living
LAS VEGAS, Jan. 7, 2020 /PRNewswire/ -- Increasing the momentum from its first full-scale Consumer Electronics Show (CES) exhibit in over four years at last year's show, Sharp Electronics Corporation (SEC) returns to CES 2020 to showcase its innovative products across multiple lines of business. Led by smart kitchen products from the Sharp Home Electronics Company of America (SHCA), SEC will also exhibit its smart life solutions along with office and business products and 8K display products.
"The entire Sharp team is thrilled to be back at CES to show all of the incredible products we've been working on over the past year," said Jim Sanduski, President, SHCA. "The last 12 months have been a time of tremendous innovation for us as we continued to leverage our cooking heritage, which spans more than half a century, in the development of modern, connected products that double down on our promise to deliver Simply Better Living to consumers."
Sharp's entire kitchen suite of products will be on display at the Las Vegas Convention Center, including its Microwave Drawer™ Ovens, SuperSteam+™ Built-In Ovens, Over-the-Range Microwave Ovens, and its line of Plasmacluster® Ion Air Purifiers.
"We're taking Sharp – and the kitchen – to new levels with our kitchen suite of appliances," said Peter Weedfald, Senior Vice President of Sales and Marketing, Sharp Electronics Marketing Company of America. "Our goal with the development and introduction of every Sharp product is to service the imaginations of consumers. We remain committed and determined to fulfill the dreams of home cooks across the U.S. We truly believe our current lineup of appliances, along with our newest introductions, remains the simplest to use and helps our consumers create great-tasting meals that support a healthier lifestyle."
In addition, Sharp will be featuring several new products at CES, including:
- 24 in. IoT Microwave Drawer™ Oven with Sharp Kitchen App & Easy Wave Open (SMD2489ES)
- The Sharp 24 in. IoT Microwave Drawer™ Built-In Oven (SMD2489ES) builds upon the brand's incredible market share and success by introducing the first, smart Wi-Fi and Alexa-enabled, built-in Microwave Drawer™ Oven for seamless integration into your modern, smart home. Features include built-in airflow control for flush mounting, "Easy Wave Open" for quick, touchless opening, and a Sharp Kitchen mobile application for iOS and Android devices to enable the smart features.
- MSRP: $1,749.99
- Available: Since October 2019
- 24 in. IoT SuperSteam+™ Built-in Wall Oven (SSC2489DS)
- This smart Wi-Fi enabled, 3-in-1 built-in wall oven with superheated steam, steam cook and convection bake includes an edge-to-edge black glass and stainless-steel design, along with new Steam Bake and Water Bath features for cheesecakes and artisan bread. Typically, regular steam only reaches 212°F, but the SuperSteam+™ Oven also creates superheated steam at 485°F. Meats will brown. Sugars will caramelize. You can grill without smoke, roast without drying and your food is crispy on the outside, tender and juicy on the inside. This IoT-enabled product will include voice control features and interact with a mobile application powered by SideChef for basic operations, as well as smart cooking time and temperature settings and smart recipe guides. With 24 recipes built into the oven and 43 additional recipes found within the app, consumers will have ample resources to get them started cooking with superheated steam. The removable reservoir means no special plumbing or wet-wall installation is required. A standard 120V power requirement means you can just plug it in and you're ready to go.
- SuperSteam+™ Grill: This cooking mode creates delicious grilled and sautéed items such as fish, vegetables, onions and steak. Similar to the broil function in a traditional oven, food cooks for shorter lengths of time at high temperatures. Give your dish the benefit of steam moistness with targeted superheated steam to create browning.
- SuperSteam+™ Roast: SuperSteam Roast mode makes it possible to roast dishes such as chicken (whole), sweet potato and beef or pork roast to perfection. This is accomplished by incorporating steam for food that requires longer cooking times and allow food to brown on the outside while maintaining a moist and tender texture inside.
- Steam Bake Water Bath: Steam Bake Water Bath mode makes impulse- baking your favorite treats a breeze. Dare to create creamy desserts such as cheesecake, pudding, and custard without handling hot pans of water.
- Steam Bake Bread: Steam Bake Bread mode makes it possible to create bakery-quality bread in your home by injecting steam into the oven during the preheat cycle to promote even rising. This cooking mode automatically switches to dry convection heat to produce the desired light and airy interior and golden, crispy outer crust.
- Convection Bake: Convection Bake mode makes it possible to bake traditional and convenience food items such as cookies, cakes, biscuits, pizzas and chicken nuggets using dry heated air that circulates evenly throughout the oven.
- Steam Refresh: Steam Refresh mode revitalizes leftover dishes such as French bread, hamburger, brown rice, spaghetti noodles and broccoli making your leftovers more like second helpings.
- Steam Keep Warm: Steam Keep Warm mode is your go-to mode for family dishes such as casseroles, vegetables, and quiches that you want to retain moisture while keeping warm.
- Steam Cook: Steam Cook mode allows you to create delectable vegetable-based dishes as well as cook delicate fish and meats with ease. Pure steam retains nutrients and moistness. This cooking mode is ideal when you are testing your tastebuds with dishes that include broccoli, salmon, cod, and chicken.
- MSRP: $3,199.99
- Available: February 2020
- 22.5 cu. ft. Counter Depth Refrigerator (SJG2351FS)
- Sharp's four-door, counter-depth refrigerator offers French doors, a premium, stainless-steel exterior, Chill-Boost, and Freezer-Boost features, as well as an automatic ice maker, open door alarm, humidity-controlled crisper bins and a foldable shelf for tall items.
- MSRP: $3,199.99
- Available: April 2020
- 22 cu. ft. Counter Depth Refrigerator (SJG2254FS)
- Like the SJG2351FS, this four-door counter depth refrigerator also offers French doors, a smudge-resistant, stainless-steel exterior, Chill-Boost, and Freezer-Boost features, as well as open-door alarm, humidity-controlled crisper bins and a foldable shelf for tall items. Step-up features include an external dispenser offering fresh, filtered water and ice. Additionally, the SJG2254FS offers three cooling systems with the third cooling system uniquely dedicated to the ice maker, a convenient ice and water dispenser, and a multipurpose drawer with adjustable temperature control.
- MSRP: $4,199.99
- Available: June 2020
- 24 in. Dishwasher with Power Wash (SDW6757ES)
- Sharp's first dishwasher made for the U.S. market features a Library Quiet washing cycle. At a mere 45db, your dishwasher may be quieter than your refrigerator. It features six washing cycles with seven options and can wash up to 14 place settings. The stainless-steel design and premium, LED interior lighting will compliment your kitchen and pairs beautifully with other stainless steel appliances. Additionally, the SDW6757ES includes an adjustable third rack for flatware, responsive washing cycles with Smart Soil Sensors, Heat Dry, a Power Wash feature that provides extra scrubbing power, and a Half Load function, which allows for smaller loads with dishes on any rack.
- MSRP: $1,149.99
- Available: March 2020
- 30 in. Stainless Steel Range Hood (SHC3051ES) and 36 in Stainless Steel Range Hood (SHC3651ES)
- Sharp's new range hoods come in 30 in. and 36 in. sizes and both feature four powerful speeds with 528 CFM for faster fan ventilation. Both sizes also feature LED task lights and are convertible to ductless options.
- MSRP: $779.99 / $899.99
- Available: April 2020
Rounding out Sharp's kitchen suite on display at CES is a line of Induction Cooktops and European Convection Wall Ovens, already introduced, which add a modern and elegant touch to any kitchen.
In addition to its full range of home appliances, Sharp will also feature a number of its office and B2B products on display, including its Dynabook laptop lineup, see-through and reflective professional displays, 4K and 8K professional display products, and the Windows collaboration display from Sharp – the world's first with Microsoft's Skype for Business certification.
Visit Sharp in booth 14006 at CES from January 7-10, 2020.
About Sharp Electronics Corporation
Sharp Electronics Corporation is the U.S. subsidiary of Japan's Sharp Corporation. Sharp is a worldwide developer of one-of-a-kind home appliances, networked multifunctional office solutions, professional displays and energy systems.
About Sharp Home Electronics Company of America (SHCA)
SHCA is the U.S. Consumer Products Group of Sharp Electronics Corporation, the U.S. sales subsidiary of Sharp Corporation, a worldwide developer and manufacturer of one-of-a-kind premium technology products. SHCA includes the manufacturing of certain Home Appliances in Memphis, TN, together with the sales & marketing and servicing of Home Electronics in the United States. Leading products include Sharp Carousel®, Microwave Drawer™, SuperSteam+™ ovens, and Plasmacluster® Ion air purifiers. Sharp Corporation received a 2018 Thomson Reuters TOP 100 Global Technology Leader Award and appeared on the Forbes America's Best Employers 2017 list*. Learn more at http://www.sharpusa.com/.
SOURCE Sharp Electronics Corporation USA